A domain name is a unique Internet address that identifies your website and your email address.
A domain name must be registered with an authorized agent or dealer and hosted by an Internet Service Provider.
Before registering a domain name, you must verify if the name has not already been taken and if is at your disposal.
It is important to note that the registration of a domain name does not confer any right of ownership in the name – only a trade-mark can give you that kind of protection. Domain names are better protected when they are registered as trade-marks.
Brouillette Legal can offer you advice on the selection and registration, transfer and conflicts relating to domain names.
Our services include :
- Preparation, filing and completion of applications for domain name registrations;
- Negotiation and representation in domain name disputes and conflicts;
- Perform due diligence and audits;
- Assistance in protecting your domain names in case of litigation and disputes;
- Portfolio’s management and domain names’ strategies tailored to your needs;
- Drafting and negotiation of assignment contracts purchase or sale of domain names contracts.
If you have a specific question or you need assistance, please contact us for more information.
Call us at 514-798-0885 for a free initial meeting or contact directly one of our attorneys: