A domain name is a unique Internet address that identifies your website and your email address.
A domain name must be registered with an authorized agent or dealer and hosted by an Internet Service Provider.
Before registering a domain name, you must verify if the name has not already been taken and if is at your disposal.
It is important to note that the registration of a domain name does not confer any right of ownership in the name – only a trademark can give you that kind of protection. Domain names are better protected when they are registered as trademarks.
Brouillette Legal can offer you advice on the selection and registration, transfer and conflicts relating to domain names.
Our services include :
- Preparation, filing and completion of applications for domain name registrations;
- Negotiation and representation in domain name disputes and conflicts;
- Perform due diligence and audits;
- Assistance in protecting your domain names in case of litigation and disputes;
- Portfolio’s management and domain names’ strategies tailored to your needs;
- Drafting and negotiation of assignment contracts purchase or sale of domain names contracts.
If you have a specific question or you need assistance, please contact us for more information.
Call us at 514-798-0885 for a free initial meeting or contact directly one of our attorneys: