A patent provides the inventor the exclusive right to the invention for a period of 20 years from the filing date of the application.
At Brouillette Legal, we have the expertise and experience to provide strategic advice regarding your exclusive rights on your inventions in the technology and innovations field. Our professional and patent agents team will assist you in the preparation, filing or assignment of your patent application.
It might also include counterfeiting or patentability research, negotiation of licenses and agreements or advice on the protection of your inventions.
The expertise of our professionals’ team extends on a global scale, which ensures you a complete protection of your technological or innovative ideas.
Our professionals work together in order to :
- Conduct searches (state of the art, patentability, freedom to operate);
- Conduct analysis and issue opinions on patentability, on the freedom to operate and on the validity and infringement of patents;
- Drafting, preparation, filing, follow up and maintenance (payment of taxes) of patent applications in Canada, the United States, Europe, China and worldwide;
- Manage the examination, re-issue and re-examination of patent applications;
- Assess and develop strategies for managing patent portfolios;
- Drafting of purchase and sale agreements and other patent transfers;
- Negotiation and drafting of license agreements, assignments and security agreements;
- Perform due diligence and patent audits;
- Defend against infringement allegations and enforce patent rights against infringers;
- Develop strategies for Canadian and foreign applicants;
- Training sessions (patentability search, drafting and filing provisional patents applications);
- Monitoring and follow up of patent applications.
We are here to help your protect, manage and maximize the value of your inventions.
Call us at 514-798-0885 for a free evaluation meeting of your invention or contact directly one of our lawyers or patent agents: