Over the years, Brouillette has built a special expertise in the field of direct sales. As such, we daily assist our customers in all stages of their product commercialization. We also provide assistance in obtaining or renewing necessary licences and we offer a variety of services to help them implement their business plan in Canada.
Our Canadian and foreign clients enjoy all the support services and advice on the following matters:
- Analysis and validation of marketing and compensation plans to ensure their compliance with current regulations under the Competition Act and provincial law on consumers’ protection. In Canada, the Competition Act stipulates that multilevel marketing is legal but that the so-called pyramidal schemes are banned. Our experts guide clients in validating the compliance of the plan and all related documentation with this Competition Act.
- Marketing plans and all promotional material developed by multilevel marketing companies must also comply with several other federal and provincial laws, including the Telecommunications Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, the Civil Code of Quebec, the Charter of the French Language, etc.
- Reviewing direct sale contracts with independent distributors and consumers.
- Advising start-ups
- Incorporation of a Canadian subsidiary.
- Registration as an extra-provincial entity in all provinces of Canada
- Registration as a direct seller/itinerant merchant in all provinces of Canada.
- Registration of your trademarks in Canada.
If you have a specific question or you need assistance, please contact us for more information.
Call us at 514-798-0885 for a free initial meeting or contact directly one of our attorneys: