A patent provides the inventor the exclusive right to the invention for a period of 20 years from the filing date of the application.
Whether it is to prepare, file and complete patent applications, to prepare patent infringement or validity opinions, to negotiate licenses and agreements or to get advice on the protection of your inventions and determine the best strategy to adopt, it is crucial to consult a patent agent.
At Brouillette, we have the expertise and experience to assist you in Canada, the United States, Europe, China and abroad from the simplest to the most complex issue.
Our professional team provides strategic advice in a wide range of industries. Our expertise includes:
- Conduct searches (state of the art, patentability, freedom to operate);
- Conduct analysis and issue opinions on patentability, on the freedom to operate and on the validity and infringement of patents;
- Drafting, preparation, filing, follow up and maintenance (payment of taxes) of patent applications in Canada, the United States, Europe, China and worldwide;
- Manage the examination, re-issue and re-examination of patent applications;
- Assess and develop strategies for managing patent portfolios;
- Drafting of purchase and sale agreements and other patent transfers;
- Negotiation and drafting of license agreements, assignments and security agreements;
- Perform due diligence and patent audits;
- Defend against infringement allegations and enforce patent rights against infringers;
- Develop strategies for Canadian and foreign applicants;
- Training sessions (patentability search, drafting and filing provisional patents applications);
- Monitoring and follow up of patent applications.
We have particular strengths in chemicals, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, engineering (mechanical, electrical, computer, civil), telecommunications and IT fields. We also have a broad knowledge and experience in the field of software and business method patents that are often at the heart of conflicts in information technology.
Protect, manage and maximize the value of your inventions.
We handle the entire process related to the registration of your invention patents, all around the world. We are here to help you protect, manage and develop your patent portfolio.
Call us at 514-798-0885 for a free evaluation meeting of your invention or contact directly one of our lawyers or patent agents: